Addiction Services at TFWC
Persons struggling with alcohol, drugs, or other addictions have an opportunity with us to engage in personal counseling and small group meetings led by a licensed addiction specialist. Each program is specifically designed for the individual and tailored to his/her personal needs, goals, and schedules for attending. Your therapist will discuss recommendations with you upon assessment and treatment planning.
The components of this service are:
- Learning about the 'addicted brain' - how the brain functions during addiction to keep it going and how to override this influence
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy - change unhelpful thoughts that develop during addiction, enhance motivation and confidence, improve emotional awareness and expression
- 12-step integration and accountability
- Continuous examination of the recovery environment
- Focus on external resources